KB Pro Microblading now available at Swinford Beauty Barn.
After months of training we are excited and proud to announce that we are now providers of KB Pro Microblading!
Hayley, our head therapist and now KB Pro Microblading Brow Artist, will be providing the KB Pro Microblading for anyone who has just less than perfect brows and let’s face it, that’s most of us! She has been training with KB Pro since March 2017 and qualified at the end of September 2017. Her six month training has consisted of:
Online Theoretical Training and Assessments
- Microblading history
- Skin types
- Pre-treatment advice and knowledge
- After care
- Skin anatomy
- Infection control
Training at the KB Pro Headquarters – Part One
- In-depth theory
- Learning how to use the microblading tool
- Practicing using the tool on silicone sheets
- Drawing of hair strokes to create a complete brow from scratch
- Learning and drawing directional changes of hair growth within the brow
- Microblading hair strokes to create a brow using the hand tool on silicone sheets
- Hair stroke drawing on at least 12 case study clients with different face shapes, skin tone, hair colour and brow shapes
- More online learning and assessments
Training at the KB Pro Headquarters – Part Two
- In-depth pigment knowledge
- Microblading hand tool practice on fruit to simulate different skin textures and types
- Microblading full treatment on real life clients
- 12 (at least) full Microblading treatments on real life clients, assessed thoroughly by KB Pro trainers
- 6 (at least) retouch treatments on real life clients, assessed thoroughly by KB Pro trainers
- Further online learning and assessments
Final Exam and Assessment at KB Pro Training Academy
- Exam testing all knowledge of the training
- One full Microblading treatment on a real life client in front of a KB Pro trainer
NOT a two day course where you receive a certificate at the end of the second day allowing you to treat clients immediately with barely any practice!
During the case studies process Hayley has provided treatments to a variety of clients with different amounts of hair/hair loss in the brow area. The range of which has gone from a client suffering partial hair loss due to alopecia and clients who have over plucked their brows almost to nothing, to clients who have the odd gap in their brows which requires filling to make them perfect and clients that wish to ‘tweek’ their shapes due to natural thinness and/or unsymmetrical brows.
So what is Microblading?
Microblading is a form of Semi-permanent make-up or tattooing that uses a hand held tool rather than a digital machine to create hair strokes and Make-up effects in the brow area.
Microblading can produce different looks including a semi-permanent make-up look, however our KB Pro Microblading training has focused on REALISM and not make-up. Realism concentrates on giving the brow hair strokes rather than an ombre, fusion or powdered effect. The point of realism is to replace hair strokes that are no longer or have never been in the brow. To give you a fuller, thicker but natural looking result, to give the appearance of hair rather than make-up or a tattoo.
We will, in the future, be providing a make-up look with our KB Pro Microblading after further training but for now we are providing KB Pro Microblading Realism.
What’s different about the KB Pro Microblading compared to other brands?
KB Pro provides outstanding levels of training that takes approximately six months to complete the Artistry course, not two days. This training is accredited by professional bodies within the beauty industry.
It comes curtesy of renowned Semi-permanent make-up artist Karen Betts, a leader and pioneer of the field, who regularly treats clients that have more medical needs. For example, the aesthetic ‘correction’ of cleft lips, brows for clients with total hair loss due to alopecia and cancer treatment, aesthetic ‘correction’ of providing an areolar to clients who have had breast surgery.
The levels of infection control are second to none (we received very high praise at our environmental health inspection, we demonstrated to the environmental health inspector levels of hygiene and infection control they had not seen before).
KB Pro Realism focuses on randomness not uniformity. With KB Pro we learn to create hair strokes that replicate the natural hair, which does not follow a uniform pattern. As our natural brows do not follow a uniform pattern, so the hair strokes you add by way of microblading should not either. This helps us to achieve to the most natural hair like finish.
Also KB Pro Microblading before and after pictures emphasise the finished healed result. Many social media pictures promoting microblading show you a very good before treatment photo and a very good after photo, but the after photo shows you the effect immediately after treatment, this does not show you the true finished result. The reason for this is as follows: To get the true after result of a microblading treatment your skin needs to go through a healing process, superficially and deeper down. Once the skin has finished it’s healing process your brows will not look the same as they did immediately after the treatment, they will be softer and lighter and this healed result is what you will be left with until they are due to be redone. This is the result you need to see when thinking about having a microblading treatment, the result you are going to be left with, not the one that only lasts a couple of weeks. Some providers will explain that the end result will be lighter and softer but how are you supposed to imagine what that will look like? You should be shown it! Some people may also be put off by these immediately after treatment pictures for two reasons:
- The immediate result can look quite bold on some people and if you want something natural and all you can see is bold you’re not going to want the treatment……..but if you were shown how natural the treatment can look it may be a completely different story.
- The opposite scenario can also happen on people who are wanting a very bold look. They will see the immediate after photos and think that is what their own brows will look like…………but after the healing process softens and lightens the brows the finished result will not be anywhere near as bold as they wanted leaving them disappointed.
We take the guess work out of this situation……What you see with our pictures is pretty much what you get!
KB Pro Microblading Brow Artists will also draw in hair strokes with an eyebrow pencil before we start using the microblading tool so that you will see what your brows will actually look like after the treatment and not just an outline, leaving you to try to guess the final result.
If you would like to know more (and for prices and photos) please click HERE for further in-depth information, to help you decide if KB Pro Microblading Realism is a suitable treatment for you.